For those that are interested in learning more, please click on this link to view, download, or print a two page brochure on the program. You can also click here to view more information and register for the program.
To speak to someone about this program, please call 866-974-4801.
Whether you’re a new comer or a long time resident of Westchester, you may never have heard about the Westchester Blood Program. We ask that you please take a moment to acquaint yourself with one of the most important organizations in this village. Since its inception in June 1974, the program has collected more than 25,000 units of blood from civic-minded residents as well as from individuals who travel from other towns throughout the western suburbs to take part in our blood drives four times each year. The program has become one of the most productive community-oriented groups of its kind in Chicagoland and is affiliated with LifeSource, the area’s largest blood-collection organization. The blood we collect at our drives, which are always held on Saturdays, is sent to area hospitals and blood banks to save or prolong the lives of severely ill patients or accident victims. On average, one pint can be divided up to help save the lives of four different patients. We are very proud of the fact that between 150 and 200 donors usually participate in our drives. In addition, dozens of Westchester residents volunteer their time to make the drives run smoothly and to keep the program operating. Not a penny goes to anyone involved in the program. Donating blood costs nothing, just a few minutes of your time. And when you’re finished, you’ll walk out feeling warm all over from the pleasure of knowing you’ve helped save a life or two or three. If you are healthy, over 17 years old and 110 pounds, please consider devoting a few minutes to give a pint of blood. It is a frustrating fact that less than 4% of Chicago area residents donate blood. Apparently the other 96% merely keep their fingers crossed that they won’t ever need blood in an emergency. Or perhaps they feel no guilt about demanding that others save their lives. And keep in mind that, until science develops a synthetic substitute for blood, only human beings can replace that life-giving fluid that rushes through our bodies.
The Westchester Blood Program is a non-profit organization that is not affiliated with the Village of Westchester. Please direct all inquiries to:
Vaccination Locations - Click here.
This page will be updated as it relates to the Village of Westchester response to the Coronavirus. General health information can be obtain by visiting the CDC website here. Other information can be obtained by visiting the the Cook County Department of Public Heath website and the Illinois Department of Public Health website. The State of Illinois has created a page for information and resources.
Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and disposal - Do not place PPE equipment into the recycling bin. Items such as masks, plastic gloves, masks and medical tubing cannot be placed into the recycling bin.
A financial resources page has been created and will be updated as valuable economic resources become available during and after this pandemic.
Village Hall offices are closed to the public until further notice - Please call 9-1-1 with any emergencies.
Updates regarding the status will be posted here.
Police, Fire and Public Works personnel are still working during this time to provide various services throughout the village. If you have an emergency of any kind, call 9-1-1 to report your emergency.
The Police and Fire Departments have both posted a notice regarding their changes in responses as it relates to Coronavirus.
In addition to monitoring the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, Cook County Department of Public Health and State of Illinois website for COVID-19 updates