Resources for Businesses Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Resources for Businesses Related to Coronavirus
Westchester is committed to assisting and connecting businesses in the Village with the resources they need during this time. Below is a list of business and industry resources related to COVID-19.
For more information, questions, or if your business is in need of assistance, please contact Melissa Headley.
For general information related to Coronavirus in the Village, visit our general information page here: http://westchester-il.org/449/Coronavirus-Information-Page
STATE & FEDERAL RESOURCES:
- Illinois District Office: Click here
- Follow @SBA_Illinois on Twitter for more updates
- Local staff is on hand ready to assist. To reach the District or Branch Office, please contact:
- Chicago Office: (312) 353-4528
- Springfield Branch: (217) 747-8249
- Email: Illinois.DO@sba.gov
Illinois Economic Injury Disaster Loan
- Disaster loan assistance: Click here
- For SBA Illinois Economic Disaster Loan Declaration Factsheet: Click here
- Register for webinars on the Economic Injury Disaster Loans by clicking here. The trainings will cover:
- Program eligibility
- Use of proceeds
- Filing requirements
- Additional small business resource
Illinois Small Business Emergency Loan Fund:
- Low-interest loans of up to $50,000 for small businesses in every industry outside of Chicago. Applications will be available on DCEO’s website by Friday, March 27.
Hospitality Emergency Grant Program:
- This new $14 million grant program aims to help small hospitality businesses make ends meet, providing up to $25,000 to eligible bars and restaurants and up to $50,000 for eligible hotels. Applications are available today on DCEO’s website and are due by April 1 at 5 p.m. All valid, eligible applications received within the five-day window will be entered into a lottery, and grant winners will be notified on April 4.
US Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Coronavirus Information: Information and resources to help small businesses plan for and respond to the pandemic
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES Act)
Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES ACT PDF from US Senate Committee
The programs and initiatives in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was just passed by Congress are intended to assist business owners with whatever needs they have right now. When implemented, there will be many new resources available for small businesses, as well as certain nonprofits and other employers. This guide provides information about the major programs and initiatives that will soon be available from the Small Business Administration (SBA) to address these needs, as well as some additional tax provisions that are outside the scope of SBA.
Struggling to get started? The following questions might help point you in the right direction from the Guide. Do you need:
- Capital to cover the cost of retaining employees? Paycheck Protection Program might be right for you. (p2)
- A quick infusion of a smaller amount of cash to cover you right now? Emergency Economic Injury Grant. (p7)
- To ease fears about keeping up with payments on your current or potential SBA loan? The Small Business Debt Relief Program. (p6)
- Just some quality, free counseling to help you navigate this uncertain economic time? Resource Partners. (p9)
Navigate the Guide’s table of contents if you know what resources you are looking for to direct you to the program or assistance product you may need:
- Paycheck Protection Program Loans (p2)
- Small Business Debt Relief Program (p6)
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Emergency Economic Injury Grants (p7)
- Small Business Counseling (p9)
- Small Business Contracting (p10)
- Small Business Tax Provisions (p11)
COOK COUNTY RESOURCES:
Village of Westchester: This page will be updated as it relates to the Village of Westchester’s response to the Coronavirus.
- Healthcare – Illinois Department of Public Health (for providers and facilities): Click Here
- Healthcare – American Medical Association: Click Here
- Healthcare – Illinois Health and Hospital Association: Click Here
- Manufacturing – Illinois Manufacturing Excellence Center (IMEC): Click Here
- Manufacturing – Illinois Manufacturers’ Association (IMA): Click Here
- Retail – Illinois Retail Merchants Association updates: Click Here
GUIDANCE FOR BUSINESSES
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) – Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Interim Guide for Business and Employers and other CDC Information
Facebook Small Business Grants Program: We know that your business may be experiencing disruptions resulting from the global outbreak of COVID-19. We’ve heard that a little financial support can go a long way, so we are offering $100M in cash grants and ad credits to help during this challenging time.
SCORE Mentors: SCORE is the nation’s largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, with more than 10,000 volunteers in over 250 chapters. They have information on resources available to businesses
This page is will be updated throughout the next few weeks. Check back for more information about Westchester business resources related to COVID-19.