SNOW, ICE & Your Garbage
When placing refuse cans out when snow or ice is predicted or falling, DO NOT place at the curb line. High probability that they will be knocked over. They should be placed 3 feet or more behind the curb line. It is the responsibility of the home owner to put the containers in the correct location.
Telephone Numbers - Waste Management
For oversize items, general questions or can replacement - 800-796-9696
Electronics Recycling At Your Door Service Scheduling - 800-449-7587 - Click here for At Your Door Service information
About Garbage Collection Pick-Up
Garbage and rubbish are picked up by Waste Management from curbs and alleys once a week. When a scheduled pick-up falls on a holiday, collection will be made the following day. The current rate is $ 27.99 per month or $55.98 based on a bi-monthly basis, which is shown on the water bills. Village ordinance requires all garbage be covered and not placed in paper bags or boxes for collection. The burning of leaves and garbage is prohibited. Village crews will remove tree branches from the parkway upon notice. For more information, call the Village at 708-345-0020. Click here for the current garbage collection map.
There is a discounted rubbish rate for seniors of $24.04 per month or $48.08 bi-monthly. View the Waste Management Senior Discount Form.
Unacceptable refuse includes:
- Construction debris
- Gravel / dirt
- Large automotive parts
- Materials too large for one person to handle
- Medical waste
- Oil-based / latex fluid paint products (latex dried-out cans will be taken)
Waste Management At Your Door Materials and Electronics Recycling
Waste Management is proud to offer At Your Door special collection pickup. Items such as computers, paints and batteries are not to be disposed of in the green or blue garbage cans on garbage day, but can be scheduled for a special Waste Management pickup. Read more about this service directly from Waste Management and schedule a pickup online by clicking the link below.
Refuse Service Guidelines
- Additional bags and cans (with handles not exceeding 33 gallons) should not weigh more than 50 lbs.
- One large bulk item will be picked up each week at no charge. Examples include furniture, mattress / box spring, cabinet, bicycle, etc.
- Carpeting must be prepared properly - cut / tied / bundled in 4 ft. lengths no larger than 2 ft. around with a maximum weight of 50 lbs.
- Tires are no longer acceptable due to EPA regulations. Residents should check with their local tire stores.
- White goods such as air conditioners, dehumidifiers, dishwashers, dryers, furnaces, stoves, and washers require waste management be notified for pick-up at least 24 hours prior to normal service day. Pick-up of these items is offered at no additional charge to the resident.
- All refuse and recyclables need to be placed out on your service day by 6:00 am.